The master’s in Instructional Design and Technology is intended for individuals who have earned a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education documented on an official transcript from the degree-granting institution. Individuals majoring in Instructional Design and Technology wish to increase their understanding of the role of technology and its appropriate use in the support of student learning and ways technology can be used in learning, training, and teaching at the corporate level.
With the Instructional Design and Technology degree, education and corporate professionals are provided an opportunity to obtain a broad understanding and application of current and emerging technology, adult learning theory, distance learning, instructional design, and assistive technology. The master’s in Instructional Design and Technology will prepare candidates with such skills for professional settings that include P-12 schools, government, higher education, healthcare management, business, and industry.
The program is designed to be completed in five (5) semesters, but can be extended to other time schedules. The classes will be taught in an online format. Candidates for the program must meet the regular admission requirements for a master’s degree. This major does NOT lead to a teaching certificate. Individuals applying for the master’s in Instructional Design and Technology must have earned a 2.5 GPA (on the degree-posted transcript) from an accredited institution of higher education, submit two (2) official transcripts to the Graduate Admissions Office, apply for enrollment online (www.umobile.edu), and complete the FAFSA forms from the Financial Aid Office.
According to Best Jobs in America, Instructional Design was ranked in the top 100 careers. CNN Money stated an individual with a degree in Instructional Design has a top 100 career with big growth, great pay, and satisfying work!
- Evaluate and apply current practices in course, program, and training development using effective instructional design in a variety of instructional situations.
- Assess and utilize a range of effective technologies in support of all types of learner’s success.
- Investigate the advancement of future technologies in education and training on the global level.
- Apply the skills and knowledge required in the use of multimedia application in the development of training and learning activities.
- E-Learning Instructional Designers
- Technology Consultants
- Educational Technology Consultants
- Government Agencies
- Higher Education
- Healthcare Management
- Business Management and Marketing