Feb 21, 2020
The School of Business offers the Bachelor of Business Administration degree (BBA) for non-traditional age students in an evening hybrid and online format in eight-week terms. The purpose of the Bachelor of Business Administration degree is to provide an opportunity for full-time employees to complete a degree in business administration without interrupting their current career path. A minor is not required, and a foreign language is not required.
Admission Requirements for the Bachelor of Business Administration Degree
Specific admission requirements for the BBA program include the following:
- Meet or exceed all University of Mobile admission requirements.
- Complete an application for the BBA program.
- Have completed 60 semester hours of coursework with an overall GPA of 2.50 or better or have fulfilled the University’s basic course (general education) requirements with a residential GPA of 2.50 or better.
- Have completed a minimum of two years of full-time relevant work experience.
- Have attained the age of 23 or older, or have accepted adult responsibilities.
- Have access to a computer and Internet.
- Have a valid e-mail account. Students are required to use the University assigned e-mail account for validation of student identitiy.
- Commitment to class attendance and ability to devote a minimum of twelve to fifteen hours per week to coursework preparation.
University Core and General Education Electives
University of Mobile’s undergraduate program is comprised of the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Health Professions, Alabama College for Professional and Continuing Studies, Alabama School of the Arts, School of Business, School of Christian Studies, and School of Education. All University of Mobile undergraduate students are required to complete certain basic courses that apply uniformly to the Bachelor of Arts degree, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree, the Bachelor of Science degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the Bachelor of Music degree unless otherwise noted. These are identified as basic course (general education) requirements.
Requirements (Please see NOTES section below)
- Consult with your College/School advisor for specific and/or additional requirements relating to general education courses. For example, COM 101 is required for business, Christian studies, and education majors and teacher certification students. MA 110 is required for all majors in the School of Business. Education majors and teacher certification students have very specific requirements, particularly regarding English, Mathematics, History, and Laboratory Sciences.
- FS 100 Freshman Seminar (1 semester hour) is required for freshmen only.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Arts degree must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language. See specific requirements in the World Languages section of the catalog.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art, or Graphic Design must also complete six semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in English, Creative Writing must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Management must also complete PSY 201 . Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing must also complete AR 226 .
Students seeking the Bachelor of Business Administration degree must complete the University core requirements and the following supporting courses (or have a “C” or better in transfer credits satisfying this set of courses):
General Electives: Twenty two Hours
Completed with a “C” or Better
The following Bachelor of Business Administration courses must be completed with a “C” or better:
Bachelor of Business Administration Courses Total Hours: Fifty Five Hours
Total Hours Required for Graduation: One Hundred Twenty Three Hours