University of Mobile’s Master’s of Education (MED) in Higher Education Leadership and Policy program is designed to develop and enrich knowledge and skills in the area of higher education. A master’s in Higher Education Leadership and Policy teaches communication skills required of today’s leaders in higher education and examines practices, policies, and current issues in higher education. This program enables students to advance in educational services and leadership and attain a deep insight into the history and theory that shaped higher education in the United States. This program will NOT lead to Alabama Certification in Instructional Leadership for P-12 school administrators.
Students will gain knowledge in:
- how to evaluate and implement strategies based on data and research that further the mission, vision, and strategic goals for a college/university setting;
- design, develop, and evaluate programs for addressing the needs of an increasingly diverse college/university student;
- critically evaluate the historic and social context of higher education as it influences and is influenced by national, local, and institutional policy;
- assess and develop processes for maintaining compliance with regulatory and accreditation standards (national, regional, state, and local);
- Apply strategies for facilitating communication, collaboration, and continuous improvement across the institution.