Mission Of The School Of Christian Studies
The mission of the School of Christian Studies is to produce graduates who model academic excellence and professional competence blended with a passionate devotion to Christ in leading His church to its global mission.
Jesus taught His disciples to love God with heart, soul, mind, and strength. In the School of Christian Studies (SCST), we intentionally train students to use their Heads, Hearts, and Hands for the glory of God. Our H3 Strategy combines rigorous academic training with spiritual disciplines and experiential learning through local ministry team participation, professional internships, and international service projects.
SCST Student Learning Outcomes
The SCST offers baccalaureate majors designed to produce Intercultural Studies, Christian Leadership & Ministry, and Biblical/Theological Studies graduates who are able to demonstrate the following:
- Competence in Bible knowledge, including its textual, historical, cultural, and geographical contexts;
- Competence in Church history and theological knowledge, including the expansion of orthodox Christian faith internationally;
- Competence in Faith/Learning integration, including theological training for ministry and the marketplace;
- Competence in Written communication, oral communication, and critical thinking skills;
- Competence in Christian ministry and leadership skills, through ministry team, internship, and international service experience; and
- Competence in Intercultural knowledge, language acquisition, and cross-cultural service.
The SCST also offers a graduate degree in Biblical/Theological Studies, with graduates demonstrating mastery in competencies listed agove.
The SCST measures student competence through a series of objective assessment tools, including materials from the American Association of Colleges & Universities, the Council of Christian Colleges & Universities, and the Association of Biblical Higher Education.
In addition, the SCST offers minors in Biblical Studies, Intercultural Studies, and Theological Studies.
SCST majors must successfully complete COM 101 to fulfill oral communication competency requirements.
All majors must successfully complete the writing intensive (WI) requirements as specified in the Scholastic Standards section of this catalog. This includes CST 110 for all majors. SCST majors will successfully complete CST 301 and CST 331 for the Biblical/Theological Studies major, and CST 303 and CST 331 for the Intercultural Studies major.
All candidates for a bachelor’s degree offered by the SCST complete a series of senior assessments and create a professional portfolio. This component is assessed in CST 499 .
The SCST annually presents the following awards to students:
- Zondervan/University of Mobile Greek Award
- Zondervan/University of Mobile Hebrew Award
- Robert Greene Lee Expository Preaching Award
- Anne Graham Lotz Expository Bible Study Award
- Cecil Taylor Global Missions Award
- Induction into Theta Alpha Kappa theological honor society
- Excellence in Academics Award
- Excellence in Ministry Award
- Biblical/Theological Studies, Academic Ministry Track, B.A.
- Biblical/Theological Studies, Church Ministry Track, B.A.
- Biblical/Theological Studies, Church Ministry Track, B.S.
- Biblical/Theological Studies, Community Ministry Track, B.A.
- Biblical/Theological Studies, Community Ministry Track, B.S.
- Christian Leadership & Ministry, B.S.
- Intercultural Studies, Creative Access Track, B.A.
- Intercultural Studies, Cultural Immersion Track, B.A.
- Intercultural Studies, French Language & Culture Track, B.A.
- Intercultural Studies, Global Studies Track, B.A.
- Intercultural Studies, Spanish Language & Culture Track, B.A.
- Intercultural Studies, Teaching English as a Second Language Track, B.A.