Mar 04, 2024
Designed for students pursuing a career in a local church in music and/or children’s ministry. Worship Leadership experience and core elements from the Education degree combine to provide a degree that is in demand in many churches and Christian schools. Concentration options in vocal, guitar, keyboard, technology or other instruments. Pedagogical and practical experience in leading worship and ministry teams are provided. Emphasis is given in music, ministry, biblical truth, child development and leadership.
University Core and General Education Electives
University of Mobile’s undergraduate program is comprised of the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Health Professions, Alabama School of the Arts, Grace Pilot School of Business, and School of Education. All University of Mobile undergraduate students are required to complete certain basic courses that apply uniformly to the Bachelor of Arts degree, the Bachelor of Science degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the Bachelor of Music degree unless otherwise noted. These are identified as basic course (general education) requirements.
Requirements (Please see NOTES section below)
- Consult with your College/School advisor for specific and/or additional requirements relating to general education courses. For example, COM 101 is required for business, Christian studies, and education majors and teacher certification students. MA 110 is required for all majors in the School of Business. Education majors and teacher certification students have very specific requirements, particularly regarding English, Mathematics, History, and Laboratory Sciences.
- UM 101 University of Mobile 101 (1 semester hour) is required for new freshmen and transfer students.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Arts degree must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language. See specific requirements in the World Languages section of the catalog.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Performance must also complete six semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art, or Graphic Design must also complete six semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in English, Creative Writing must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Management must also complete PSY 201. Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing must also complete AR 226.
Primary Ensemble: University Singers, Symphonic Winds, Piano Ensemble, String Orchestra, Guitar Ensemble (8 sequential semesters, required)
Secondary Ensemble: The Alabama School of the Arts suggests a minimum of 4 sequential semesters of a small ensemble in addition to the required 8 sequential semesters of a primary/large ensemble.
NOTE: The Alabama School of the Arts scholarships also require participation every semester a student is receiving scholarship dollars beyond primary and secondary standard ensemble requirements.
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Worship Leadership & Music - Education must complete the following as a part of the their general education electives:
- EC 202 Principles of Microeconomics
Students pursing the Bachelor of Science in Worship Leadership & Music - Education will choose two of the following pedagogies:
Hours to Degree
124 hours are needed to graduate with a Bachelor of Science in Worship Leadership & Music - Education degree.