Mar 04, 2024
University Core and General Education Electives
University of Mobile’s undergraduate program is comprised of the College of Arts and Sciences, College of Health Professions, Alabama College for Professional and Continuing Studies, Alabama School of the Arts, School of Business, School of Christian Studies, and School of Education. All University of Mobile undergraduate students are required to complete certain basic courses that apply uniformly to the Bachelor of Arts degree, the Bachelor of Business Administration degree, the Bachelor of Science degree, the Bachelor of Science in Nursing, and the Bachelor of Music degree unless otherwise noted. These are identified as basic course (general education) requirements.
Requirements (Please see NOTES section below)
- Consult with your College/School advisor for specific and/or additional requirements relating to general education courses. For example, COM 101 is required for business, Christian studies, and education majors and teacher certification students. MA 110 is required for all majors in the School of Business. Education majors and teacher certification students have very specific requirements, particularly regarding English, Mathematics, History, and Laboratory Sciences.
- FS 100 Freshman Seminar (1 semester hour) is required for freshmen only.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Arts degree must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language. See specific requirements in the World Languages section of the catalog.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in Studio Art, or Graphic Design must also complete six semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree in English, Creative Writing must also complete twelve semester hours of a foreign language.
- Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Management must also complete PSY 201. Students earning a Bachelor of Science degree in Marketing must also complete AR 226.
Students are Required to Complete
As Well As The Following:
As well as the following worship leadership component
Complete the Additional Music Course Work:
Students in the program are required to pass the piano proficiency test as outlined in the School of Worship Leadership Student Manual.
Students pursuing the church ministry concentration are expected to register for eight sequential semesters of a primary ensemble relating to their applied area and four semesters (audit approved) of a secondary ensemble.