Philosophy of College
The College of Health Professions consists of the School of Nursing, School of Health and Sports Science, and School of Nurse Anesthesia. The College of Health Professions is a comprehensive health-related college that serves students to strengthen their intellectual and biblical understanding of His creation and the venue by which one serves humanity in becoming the hands and feet of Christ. The student is encouraged to understand the intricacies of the complexity of man through an understanding of the mind and body. This occurs in the classroom, laboratory and environmental settings by understanding the physiological, mechanical and/or psychosocial needs of man and providing biblical-based care to strengthen the functionality and well-being of man within the context of one’s environmental setting.
Mission of College
The mission of the College of Health Professions is to promote an intellectual and biblical understanding of God’s creation in establishing avenues by which one becomes the hands and feet of Christ.
Learning Outcomes of College
- Understand the biblical basis of man from the perspective of God’s creation
- Identify the different intricacies of the mental and physiological state of man
- Characterize the needs of man within one’s environmental setting
- Construct models of care in maximizing the functionality of man
- Evaluate the effectiveness of interventions in fostering the physiological and psychosocial well-being of man